Triad, the Early Childhood Council for the counties of Clear Creek, Gilpin, and Jefferson, is part of
a system of Early Childhood Councils designated under Colorado HB1062. Triad is composed of
public and private stakeholders engaged in collaborative planning and decision making to improve
quality, access, and equity outcomes for young children.
Vision: Our communities thrive.
Mission Statement: We will improve the quality of life for young children, prenatal-age 8, and their
families in the Triad counties by utilizing our communities’ unique resources to shape policy, finance, and
Desired Overall Outcomes:
- The development of a comprehensive early childhood system that addresses early care and
education, health, mental health, and family support related to children prenatal through age eight years.
- The existence of resources and collaborations leading to the availability of services that are easily
accessed, of high quality, culturally responsive, and sustainable.
- Heightened public awareness regarding the importance of investments in early childhood.
- The creation public policy that supports best practice and improved service delivery for young
children and their families.
These are the principles that define our values and guide us in our actions and decisions:
Triad Early Childhood Council is
- A coalition builder, providing a forum for creative problem solving through collaboration and a
shared interest in the well being of young children.
- An entity committed to inclusiveness, conducting business in a manner that acknowledges the
importance of parental involvement, respects individual and agency differences, and actively
engages all interested stakeholders.
- A partnership responding to the needs of children, families, and the community through innovative
- A model of integrity, supporting our mission by thoughtful and ethical decision making, open,
honest communication, sharing of information, and accountability.